Wednesday, July 15, 2026

Weekend Recap

 This past Friday I took a bank day and drove to Greenville, SC. It was the 76th Southeastern Regional meeting for National Society Children of the American Revolution. So much of who I am today as far as confidence and the ability to present in front of large groups of people is thanks to my time that I served as state president and on the national board. I had the opportunity to travel and experience time with friends. There were not so great moments and ultimately I stopped traveling when the board shifted and I no longer had safe friends traveling. Even still my memories and the experiences that I had I am forever thankful for!

At National Convention I promised the outgoing Senior National President that I would get our mutual friend to Southeastern. I delivered! It was an easy sell as her mom and sister and nephew were also there. She and I roomed together and we had so much fun! 

We stayed up way too late on Friday night and drank too much champagne but it was good conversation and quality time. 

Friday Night's Look

Saturday we had the meeting in the morning and went to lunch with friends that we spent time with when we were on tour, including the previous SNP. It's fun to catch up and hear where life has taken us. 
Shorts are from Restoration Market

Saturday evening was the formal banquet. My friend P gifted me an absolutely gorgeous dress for an early bday gift. I wore that for the banquet. I was able to create a successful updo. It's been several years since I've been able to create one and I was so happy with how it turned out!
We stayed up way too late on Saturday night too but it was fun to catch up! Life goes by really quickly and it's a treat to be together with long time friends!

Sunday morning I said goodbye and headed to New Bern, NC. The way that maps took me went by the exit for my house so I was able to stop and drop my dresses and shoes off before hitting the road again. I arrived around 4:30 and after unloading my stuff I went for a walk downtown. The downtown area is SUPER cute! I was meeting coworkers for dinner at 6:15 so I found the restaurant first and then walked around. I met up with one of my counterparts and we walked back to my hotel so I could change into more dinner appropriate clothing. We went to Cypress Hall and the food was fantastic!

Monday morning we all met up for coffee and then made our way to where we were visiting. This is the first Risk Management visit I've been able to participate in, in person and I'm so glad I was able to go! It was a great morning, albeit very wet thanks to the rain! However, we need rain so badly I refuse to complain! After the visit I was on the road again. It took a while to get home b/c I rerouted around traffic on 85 and I finally arrived home close to 6. 

1 comment:

Lisa's Yarns said...

You look amazing in all of these outfits! I am glad you had such a fun weekend. Late nights are worth it when spent catching up with people you don’t see very often! Your up do turned out amazing!!